Volunteer with JEM
Whether you have two hours a month or two days per week, volunteering with JEM can contribute to economic change and maybe increase your own understanding of a jubilee economy. Currently, volunteers multiply by 15 every dollar donated to JEM.
Ways to Contribute
Here are ten volunteer tasks you might consider helping out with. The 10th one may be most exciting.
- Organize a house party for JEM.
- Host or facilitate a showing of a documentary film on an economic theme, e.g., Food, Inc., Flow, and scores of others to choose from.
- Write a grant proposal for JEM.
- Assist with mailings.
- Co-lead a workshop.
- Organize house concerts with appropriate artists as a joint benefit to JEM and the artists.
- Create blog entries for the website or help with our social media presence.
- Generate a couple of venues with organizations or congregations for presentations on a jubilee economy.
- Promote Fair Trade as concept and product.
- Something you love doing that you believe could be done as part of JEM to advance a jubilee economy.
What’s already being accomplished by volunteers? Lots!
- Board members
- Some curriculum production
- Tax help
- Newsletter layout
- Web presence
- Podcast production
It’s an inspiring, capable group! Join in! We invite you to call us, 619-528-8075, or simply email us. Then we can meet to agree on matching your skill and time with JEM’s mission.